It is the last day of April. I am feeling somewhat stressed. So much to do always.. I guess I should really be grateful that I can do so many things. This weekend we are going to Utah for Grandma's 100th birthday. Unfortunately it will be a very quick trip. There won't be much time to really visit anyone.. and that is too bad. I do plan a very quick visit to my brother Dan and family YEAH!! We have to spend over 20 hours driving just to get there. Today is the youngest girls dance recital and so I have everything in the car.. costumes, hair doing items, tap shoes... had to leave the dog at home. He was a little put out.
Okay. so here is the deal.. I am a fixer.. perhaps everyone has a personality type. Mine is a fixer. Nurses fix boo boos. They try to make everything all better. This has been the theme of my life. I tried in my family of origin (cool phrase) to fix things. Still try.. hasn't been working so hot for me... as in certain people don't talk to me anymore. I try to fix things in my kids lives. EVERYDAY... as in helping them get their homework done, get them to their activities, listen to their concerns, step in where I can.... This week I tried with a group of parents to step in to make a difference in a mature, adult meeting way to change some negatives in a program our kids are involved in. This also didn't work so hot.... at least not yet.
Probably the kicker though was when a woman in our ward called me to say that I needed to fix things at the hospital because a rumor had gotten out that there are two swine flu cases at our hospital. I practically screamed into the phone, "I can't call everyone in town to stop this rumor... " I can't fix this!!! We're all probably going to have swine flu in 6 weeks anyway!!! That shut her up.
So on a more positive note... Who can really fix everything? I guess the message of the gospel is that in the end.. and I do mean the way end... everything will be fixed.. Our savior is the only one who can fix it all. Life is messy. It isn't always very fixable.
I'm sure I will keep on trying in my own way to fix things where I can. It's just in my nature and it will probably keep getting me in trouble. I guess my intentions are really good... And the only one that really counts knows that.
No comments:
Post a Comment