Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Indulgence

We all have things that make us feel happy... give us a little perk. I guess my list might be surprising. But I really love FLOWERS. I love bouquets of flowers. When my husband brings me roses or wildflowers. I really love the time of year when all of the stores have hanging baskets and plants to put in your garden. Now.. my yard is not Better Homes and Gardens... it is basically weeds that are watered until about August when they are scorched and i give up.. but today... I bought a beautiful hanging plant and holder. I rescued it from the thunderstorm that beset the area this evening and it is sitting in my entry way.. I also bought some small lovely color ful things (don't know their names).. and put them in a pot .. These plants will probably not survive until the end of the month.. but they make me happy when I look at them. I do appreciate beauty even if I cannot always cultivate it.
Other things that make me smile.. books, hot baths, mail from friends and family, being creative.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke