Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Happiest Girl in the High School



So I will admit that I've been a little neglectful of my blog as of late. Becoming a member of facebook has sucked a little of my computer time away. I do 3-4 things on the computer... 1)check my email...(I have 3 accounts)... 2) update my blog/check my favorite blogs.... 3)check/ comment on facebook..... 4)Look things up...

Facebook is light and fun for me. I try to limit myself to 30 minutes or less a day of time on there... I have found some fun high school/work/church friends. Which brings me to the title of my post. On facebook yesterday a girl I graduated with was doing a quiz and I was the answer to who she thought was the happiest girl in her high school.

This was a melancholy moment for me as a read this. I know, I know.. facebook quizzes are dumb and I have gotten really self centered if I am basing anything important on this... but seriously folks... I was a fun person in high school. WHAT HAS HAPPENED. I had not a care in the world most of the time... I was funny... I had fun... I was happy.

I guess life happened. I have had a happy life after too. I would say my life improved immeasurably in the years that I met and married Kris and had my girls. BUT I am sad to say that my happy attitude got left somewhere in the early 90's.

I miss that girl in the picture. Her older version is much more sarcastic and cynical. She was naive and hopeful. And her big hair rocked.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke