This is an old picture.. Right now we are still covered in snow and ice.This week we are back in the swing of things.. Amanda is still eating softish type foods.. and can't wait to eat regular stuff!!! (Monday) ... I brought her milkshakes at school a few days in a row. I think she liked that.
I volunteer in Brooke's classroom and do a reading group there. We are reading Superfudge. I also volunteered to teach the class a little music during their period when others are off to band since they cut the music program. I am in no way doing this for the whole school or anything... I'm just there 30 minutes with 15 or so 5th grade kids... But it made me think of School of Rock and Jack Black's Mr Schneebly. I got a giggle or two out of this (from myself). Mostly I had paper keyboards that we wrote notes on and air fingered HOT CROSS BUNS. We also clapped out some quarter notes and other rhythms. It was fun!!!
Today I'm going to a FAFSA workshop. I"m not really sure what FAFSA is. Other than it is another form I have to fill out so my daughter can go to college or try to get money for college. Our Senior parents are meeting for graduation all night party planning very soon. I'm on a committee for something ....
The basketball team had a crushing loss to another very good league team. Stefani and Shelby both play a little Varsity so it was fun to watch them play.. They both scored some nice outside shots (3 pointers). I guess it is going to be a more difficult year. It is the first time in a long time that we have had some great league talent/competition. We are going to go to some away games in the next few weeks...
Hailey is playing 8th grade ball with her dad as her coach for the 2nd year. It is hard for me to think of her going into high school in 8 months.
Brooke really wants a facebook..... I'm considering it if she practices the piano every day for 2 months..I really, really, really cannot fathom that she will be in 6th grade (middle school) soon.
So I would just like time to STOP... and everyone to STOP GROWING and leaving me and moving on... I AM NOT READY.
Thank you for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment