Sunday, August 7, 2011

Camping




We just got back from a great camping trip. We pulled in at 2am. I had gotten a sub for the organ and when the clock said 9:40 I couldn't lift myself out of bed.. so the kids all trooped off to church without me.. Good kids.

We hauled the boat to Warm Lake by Cascade Idaho. The boat does work really well for hauling gear. Didn't have to rent a u haul this time. We enjoyed visiting extended family and snuggling up in our tent while bears roamed the campsite. (Four bears were sighted while we were there). Hailey wasn't at all happy about this and had to actually sleep in Aunt Karen's camper she was so terrified.

The boat provided lots of fishing opportunities for Kris and his brothers and dad, and they also took the kids out and did a little rope towing/tubing. The lake was picturesque. I even went off the rope swing into the lake. It was fun!

We made smore's, roasted hot dogs, enjoyed the campfire, visited, and played games. The relatives in charge did a spectacular job of making it fun. There was a minute to win it competition that we all participated in! Living in Burns we are all good cup stackers.

The only drawback I can think of.. was the outhouse factor. I'm not one for loving outhouses. Since we are not avid campers our gear is pretty limited. We had hand sanitizer but by the 3rd day I was really missing flush toilets, running water and hot showers. All of our clothing has a fine layer of dirt on it. But these are small prices to pay for the memories and bonding!

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke