Stefani had her wisdom teeth out this week. It went pretty well. Other than I feel like I have been driving around for about an entire year. Between my trip to Utah, Portland and then Bend for the procedure.. I started zoning out and missing turn offs. It felt like I was a part of the car. But back to Stef. She is now very swollen and not happy. I guess her plans to work this week will have to be altered. I'm doling out drugs like a good nurse should.
Because a drug (penicillan on an every 6 hour schedule) is due in about 30 minutes.. I am sitting here alone on the couch.. thinking and listening to the wind. Living in an isolated area on a hill, one hears the wind often. It is a little eerie. This has been the year of storms. I often hear the wind whistling down the chimney and the rain pounding on the roof. Then I think about our shake roof and if the shingles will hold another year. Kris doesn't worry about these things.
Because it is Sunday, I haven't lifted a finger.. and tomorrow is not going to be pretty. There are lots of dirty dishes and lots of chores to assign. I find myself fantasizing about having a yard sale where I eliminate about 50% of my possessions. Trouble is I live too far off the beaten path to really have an effective sale. Plus.. do I really want people to know where I live? When Stefi leaves we are reassigning rooms and that should be a real picnic. I'm sure boxing up her stuff will be a tearful event but then having everyone argue over room assignments and moving their stuff should be fun.
Brooke has already said that she would like to paint her room and get a new bedspread. Reluctantly I agreed because it was necessary. The kid is a little picked on.
Unbelievably the summer is nearly over. The kids had a great time at EFY and girls camp... I had a wonderful trip to Portland and saw my cousins, grandpa, mom, brother and Aunts and Uncles. I can't believe how much I miss some of that stuff now that I am older. My Uncle Frank took us to breakfast at a wonderful little diner in Portland. I had the best salmon poached egg on an English muffin with hollandaise sauce that I have ever tasted! We also enjoyed a great 95th birthday celebration with my grandpa.
Now I will go make a grocery list for camping. Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment