Monday, September 12, 2011

Fair madness



It is the Monday after fair. It was a really different year. First off, we had no 4-H ers participating. So we were not winning blue ribbons or entering scrapbook pages and sewing projects. We also had no really little kids. Amanda is now a pro and goes on almost all the medium intensity rides. She rode quite a few times with little Bryce. It was really cute. She can run off with a friend and be okay for awhile. Hailey hit the fair at night with her crowd.

We didn't have grandparents there.. so we didn't attend the parade. Kris and I did volunteer in the Lion's booth. Because we have a scholarship recipient attending BYU, we both helped about 4 hours in the booth. I was in charge of Lion's balls and curly fries on my shift. I think my cholesterol went up about 100 points just breathing the air. I was a little worried about burning the balls. I mean, I'm so not a cook. I was hoping to just work up front and take money and fill sodas... but I got assigned to work in the greasy area and also did about an hour of cutting up onions.

Friday I sold fair tickets at the front entrance. I know it sounds like I am volunteer of the year.. but my level of involvement is pretty mellow compared to most peoples'. Many, many people volunteer hours and hours of their time in our community to make special functions work. And the emphasis is really on volunteer. No payment occurs. (I did get free soda in the Lion's booth).

Saturday Shelby played Volleyball all day. Because of injuries she swung up to Varsity and played very well. I sat there mostly in a coma.. (worked the night before)... But I did cheer and jump up once during the final game.

I decorated for fall today... It looks really nice. And Seminary started again with an early morning kid/parent breakfast.

Stefani is having a blast at college. She appears to be making many friends in her dorm .. so I think I am forgiven for getting her into Helamen not Heritage.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke