Try as I might to keep up.. the days flow together endlessly. I realize that there isn't much earthshattering to update on.. but much of the same is happening and that isn't a bad thing.
Stefani is loving college. She keeps us in the loop with phone calls, texts and facebook pictures. Today she called to read me a paper. I love to hear her voice and the excitement in it. My parents send her some money every month which helps with little incidentals. My grandma and grandpa Lyle sent me money my freshman year and I would eat in the cafeteria with it. Good memories. Stefi is dating a bit too. And hoping to meet a boy she likes who we have dubbed "cereal boy." Still working on lines for running into him... (that also brings back memories of trying to meet her dad).
Shelby is doing very well in school. She is taking an AP US History course and an advanced level math class. I can't help a bit with her math. I feel good that I have finally accepted this. In years past I may have studied up. Now I just realize that I cannot do college math. And if she needs help, I know a good tutor. Shelby is playing a little Varsity volleyball. Her driving skills are coming along and she will someday learn to fill up the gas tank.
Hailey Mae is a freshman and is transitioning well to seminary and lack of sleep. She is a favorite among her coaches and teachers, giving me hope that it's just my authority she chafes against. Hailey dresses up for school and applies eyeliner with the best of them.
Brookie turned 12 this week. We had the ceremonial shaving of the legs that always happens when a daughter enters woman hood. She also took a good friend out to dinner. Brooke is enjoying middle school more now and is playing volleyball. She recently got phase one of her orthodontia completed and her braces came off.
Amanda Beatrice visited the dentist today. He wanted to chat with me about her tendency to get cavities. I nodded obediently as he lectured me on various strategies to fight tooth decay .. but here is a little secret. I really don't care. I think the fact that I take my kids to the dentist biannually is a real plus for me. And I do buy toothpaste. Amanda is selling items for the local school fundraiser. She wants to sell enough to get an IPAD. While we all know this is an unrealistic dream we are allowing her to sell with the false belief that she will earn one. It is too hard to dash her hopes. She may be calling you soon to sell you wrapping paper that you don't need.
I have decorated for fall. I am enjoying my new work schedule and amazingly excited to take a trip to New York with my best friend and her daughter and sister in law next month. I can't wait to see the Big Apple again. My other big realization for this week is that I am happier if I don't listen to the news.
Kris is working hard and enjoyed a fishing trip last weekend with his brother. He may even do some honey do's this weekend.
And that's the world as we know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment