Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What an endeering experience....


If I had to sum up yesterday.. it would be to say that I was feeling rather glad for my boring life. I had decided that others were providing me with vicarious drama and stress and that I was okay with my boringness. I was even going to do a blog post on laundry. Specifically on the new laundry packet thingies that you can buy. As a little plug for them.. they are the bomb. Seriously, you put them in your load and without mess, fuss or waste, they clean up. And you aren't spilling or overestimating how much you need. Seriously, I was composing that little masterpiece in my head.

Anyway, I also was sewing pioneer clothes.. because the kids are all going on a pioneer trek today. I started to feel like I needed a Dr. Pepper and maybe a trashy novel or two. So I loaded Brooke up in the car for a little date/errand. We got gas, a drink and a few groceries. I should probably note that we were driving the new to us Honda Accord.

As we approached the hill right before our turn off, 2 or 3 deer crossed the road...right in front of us. It happened so fast that I hadn't time to avoid them. I did the one thing I'd always been told to do. I let them hit us. I didn't swerve or brake hard. In fact, the air bag didn't deploy. The poor deer flew the air and Brooke began screaming. Since the car still drove and we were uninjured.. We just drove home and called the police.

I am SO THANKFUL that we only have the inconvenience of the insurance company and repairs. I am very aware of the blessing of no injuries or death to us! Whew. I guess my life is unboring. I'll stop those thoughts in the future.

Happy Birthday to the other dear in my life. My husband is 44 today!

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke