Wednesday, July 4, 2012
A day of bliss
Today was the 4th of July. I was coming off of a hugely crazy set of shifts. I had truly hit a wall. Sometimes I can function even after lots of sleep debt but not this morning. After working Sunday, Monday and half of Tuesday night and sleeping about a total of 18 hours in that same time... this mornings ward breakfast melted into my mid morning dreams. (ie I slept through it)....
At around noon, I awakened to my husband gently nudging me. "We're taking the boat out.. You need to come."
Yawning and stiff limbed, I shuffled out of bed, threw on some clothes and my salt water sandals and climbed in the car.
Thus began a wonderful afternoon on the reservoir.
Because Hailey and Shelby are gone for 3 weeks, we just had Brookie and Amanda with us. It was a nice calm day.
The Beulah reservoir is about 80 miles away over highway and dirt/gravel road. It was virtually uninhabited. We docked the boat and then were able to play as if we were the only people in the world.
The kids and I went on our large innertube.. pulled behind the boat. Kris likes to go fast and pull us through the waves stopping or slowing only if we signal we've had enough. Then we trolled along the swampy banks practicing our casting while trying to fish. We didn't catch anything.. but Amanda is getting quite skilled at casting.
While the boat skims through the water, I can feel my blood pressure lowering and true relaxation occurring. I read part of my book. I looked up into the blue sky and watched wild life on the banks.
After lots of sun and fun.. we drove home.
Happy Independence Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

No comments:
Post a Comment