Saturday, June 30, 2012

Surprises from this week


Returning to our home.. This week held many surprises.

Sunday Kris drove all the kids to basketball camp.. I had my usual fun time in nursery and then went home and crashed hard.

Monday I did laundry and also worked. Tuesday I worked and then Wednesday after taking a small nap I drove to Bend to pick up the girls from basketball camp. We honked at some cute boys, fed them some Chinese and then proceeded home. It was all emotions, gas passing and fights as we hustled home. No surprises there.

Thursday, we got to have some extra time with our dear friends Sayge and Shaylee. This included pool time and play. The surprise for this day was the wedding I played at. I love my Catholic friends and enjoy playing for their services when I am asked .. but the deal for this day was supposed to be accompanying a singer. This was a small service a little informal.. and as I walked in .. Father said, "Could you just play something quietly as they walk in?" Surprise! I had not listened to my premonition to bring/find some sheet music for that. So I quietly plunked out the main notes to Pachabels Cannon while they were discussing other things. It actually went off rather well my improv of the Cannon and everyone was happy.

Friday, I watched Balen while Shery worked. The surprise here was that he NEVER CRIED. Only when the girls started fighting and scared him. But it was the briefest cry in the history of the world. No surprise that we all were anxious to hold and play with him. He also had a 3 hour nap.

Stef is moving out on her own this week. We are so grateful to her grandparents for letting her stay for awhile in between semesters. The surprise here is that she got a great deal on an apartment and is able to move in without a deposit! We made a suprisingly quick and sort of painless purchase on a car for her and Kris is currently driving it down to Utah for her.. (while Shelby follows him in ours).

Life is always full of surprises..So we roll with them and carry on.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke