We are home now. Thusly, I have napped post nursery madness and awakened to the un- Sunday appropriate tasks that take over after a trip.. Like laundry and tidying up and organizing the madness that is life.
Here is a recap of the week.
Tuesday, I worked a dayshift. Why? because they called and were desperate. I worked about 8 hours and was really tired upon returning home. Hailey returned from Volleyball camp. The kids began packing... Brooke babysat some adorable munchkins, had a friend over.. and Amanda did her last day of kiddie basketball camp. While I was sitting in a stupor on my couch there was a sound at the door and I remember the missionaries had made an appointment. This is all a bunch of information that does nothing for the reader except explain why I wasn't exactly packed for my trip Wednesday am.
Wednesday.. we woke up and were late. We packed the car and headed out to the church to meet the group of 70 or so people heading to Utah. We had to stop at the bank... the clinic.. and finally the store. I drove our new fuel efficient vehicle and Kris drove another family's excursion. Shelby, Hailey and Brooke all rode in different cars with various groups of friends. Amanda and I were in the Honda with two boys from the ward. The trip down was pretty smooth. We didn't really caravan (not safe). We just had designated meeting spots along the way. Modern technology.. GPS and cell phones simplified the process. We stopped at the Bountiful, Okkrh, and Jordan River temples and unloaded everyone and took pictures. Finally we met up at a park in Provo for pizza. Stefani was waiting there to meet us. We hugged and visited and then ended up at Grandma and Grandpa's house to sleep.
Thursday morning Kris and Shelby drove to Snow college for a basketball try out for Shelby. She did very well and had a great experience. Snow is definitely top on her list of colleges now. The rest of us headed to the 7 peaks water park. Stef and Amanda hung out for awhile and I sat at the front of the park waiting for Kris and Shelby for 2 hours.. I worked on my tan while trying not to get frustrated. They finally showed up and then we all enjoyed some 100 degree torture. I went on one water ride and rode around the lazy river. The kids enjoyed it a lot (the park and rides). Other than sunburns on our backs we were all good. It does kind of start to feel like a "Where's waldo " experience being in a large chaotic place and trying to keep track of your kids. After the 7 peaks fun, Amanda Kris and I drove to Stef's work and got to see her in her cute uniform and also ordered some treats. That was fun. Then we all drove to Manti to see the pageant. We had a wonderful dinner at the stake center. The pageant starts at 9:30 pm and goes for almost 2 hours. It is on the hill below the temple. We really enjoyed it. The highlights for me were the Angel Moroni that appears at the top of the lighted temple and the depiction of Christ in the America's. It covers a lot of church history .. almost too much. In one scene there are Joseph Smith's popping out all over the hill.. showing different parts of his life. We joked that there were probably 20 actors portraying the prophet. We drove home arriving at almost 2am.
Friday morning Stefani and I woke up around 7 and went to Walmart. It was kind of a stock up on supplies party. We bought her toothpaste, tp, mascara, shampoo, facewash, etc. Then we all went to Salt Lake. We took a tour of the temple square and then did baptisms. I really enjoyed handing my 3 daughters towels after they were baptized. We did work for over 200 names. We also took a tour of the Beehive house and walked around the area near temple square.. Deseret Book, the mall and the food court. We saw the Joseph Smith film at the Memorial building (Kris snored through most of it) and ate a big buffet at Chuck a Rama. That night we returned home and Stefani and I went for a drive and did some laundry and visited. Boy do I miss her again already. What a great girl she is.
Saturday we loaded up for home. Grandpa Lynn came with us with his fishing gear. Our trip was so scheduled with ward activities that we didn't get to see Grandma Shirley (who was very sick) or Grandpa very much. We also didn't get to see any other relatives. On our way home Shelby stopped at Salt Lake Community College and tried out for their recruiter. We had dinner in Boise with Kerry and Karen and arrived home at 10pm.
Today the kids left for another team camp after church.
Overall.. this trip was a marvelous experience. Our bishop's wife organized most of the arrangements and did an amazing job. The cost was minimal and the kids got to do so much in a short time. They hopefully felt the Spirit and learned a little too. When we were at temple square a friend and I were talking about our wedding days. The day I got married was wonderful.. but there were definitely some glitches and some funny things that happened. For instance, I forgot to pick up my bridesmaid roommate at the train station and she was mad at me, I cried myself to sleep the night before because my grandparents couldn't come to the sealing due to some health issues, Dad gave Kris bad directions to the temple and he and his family were late, I almost fainted after the ceremony, Kris left his lights on during the luncheon, we left his wallet in his parents car after the reception and had to drive back.. These could have ruined the day.. but in looking at the overall big picture of things... they didn't. They are funny memories now.. things we chuckle over. What happened that day wasn't the pictures or the dress it was the beginning of our life. The start of a thousand little things that have turned into our family. Our crazy, happy, imperfect, moody, zany little family.
It is all a process. This trip was another experience that we have added to the many memories that build our kids lives. And it was worth it.





No comments:
Post a Comment