Friday, August 24, 2012

Debbie Downer

I need to stop reading lots of mom blogs full of inspiration and crap. It's overwhelming me. Lots of ideas for helping my kids succeed and such and for finding my optimal mom-ness. I don't think that I'm going to find that anytime soon. Nonetheless, I have been reading inspirational mom blogs. It's just the right time of year too. Back to school is just the time to get your mom on.

Today was school registration. Specifically high school registration. I have this down.. sort of. Shelby didn't need much assistance so we pretty much breezed through it. Then I went home and took a nap. Hailey's registration time (2 hours later) consisted of her telling me twice that she hated high school and then asking me to homeschool her. I rolled my eyes so many times that I think I may have vertigo. I also returned a calculator we had "borrowed" from a teacher and then accidentally took a couple of important lists off a table as well as a pen. Mom of the year stuff... really. Then I wrote a bunch of checks to the school. I also filled out the same paperwork I fill out every year. Do they read it? Because it's all the same info. I guess if I was moving or marrying new guys or changing who can pick my kids up or becoming part of the witness protection program things might be different.. but it's not. Same old stuff. And this year, I got smart. I am not going to fill out the lunch paperwork for free lunches. We don't qualify and I am not saying that to brag, I'm simply not happy to spend 45 minutes filling out the info for the government.... because they want your info on you and all your children and your income and your every detail for some reason. And I don't want to fill it out. Mainly because I'm lazy. So I didn't . Then I thought about packing the kids lunches. I might have to read some super awesome healthy lunch blogs to get some ideas for the 4 days I will actually pack lunches. Then usually the kids fend for themselves.. which means they all drive to the hospital and charge food to my account.

Mom of the year.. I told you.

About that time Stefani called for an update and also to tell me what her books cost. I was a little grumpy and I do regret that. I always make her feel like I'm doing her a real favor putting money in her account. I could back off a little bit. She works hard at her job and at school and even donates plasma. That isn't so mom of the year. I didn't read anything in my power of moms blog about how awesome it is when your kids donate plasma for extra bucks. It's probably frowned upon in some circles. The bishop's daughter donates with her and they like to check out the cute guys at the center.. so I don't think it's all that bad.

Anyhoo..

We also did a little school shopping today on the internet. I did use some coupon codes and redeemed some of my cash back awards. Go me!

We ended the day at a benefit in town. Putting my snarkiness aside, it was a fundraiser for a beautiful boy who is in hospice care in our ward. Gracie and Amanda decided to donate 3 dollars from their Taylor Swift club money to the cause. They signed a card for the family. It warmed my heart. Their Taylor Swift club money is a BIG DEAL. I was mom enough to be proud that they did that. And I could take a little credit for mothering Amanda through that. But I won't. Because she's that good on her own.. in spite of me.

Then Kris wanted to go exercise at 11pm. I mean who does that. I told him he was crazy. And that's how my day went as Debbie Downer...

Don't you feel inspired?



No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke