Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Taking Better Care of Me

My nurse friends would all tell you that nurses are notorious for taking care of others above themselves.

I take really good care of most of my patients at work, but abysmal care of myself.

This translates into my personal life as well. I take good care of my family, not so good care of myself.

Sometimes, I find that I will work several hours without taking a bathroom break, or drinking water, or eating.

At home, I will run my kids around without taking thought for these important needs.

And lets face it kids, this almost 43 year old body needs some TLC.

It deserves some adequate sleep, hydration, and frequent potty breaks.

I have mastered the art of the therapy lunch with best friend but neglected any form of exercise.

I can no longer rely on my naturally youthful genes..momma is looking haggard and is holding on to 5 extra pounds.

Plus...Kris is looking amazing! He has lost his love handles and is ready for his race this month.

I feel jealous..oops I mean inspired.

So I am going to do an 8 week challenge. No it is not on Facebook per say.. Here are some of the things I'm going to try to do.

- 7-8 glasses of water a day
- exercise of some type 6 days a week (this might even be a brisk walk)
- adequate sleep and adequate naps after working
- eat more fruits and veggies
- read my scriptures

I'm not trying to overwhelm myself I'm just trying to think of it as an exciting change from my no sleep, limited water, no exercise, too much soda life that has me too exhausted most days to care...

Wanna join me?

1 comment:

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

I'll join you if I can remember!!

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke