Sunday, February 17, 2013

Napping As A Gospel Lesson



Here is Brooke after the Valentine's Dance. I thought she looked so beautiful.
Last night I worked all night. I held an infant that wanted to fuss.. For many hours. It made me feel appallingly old. I didn't enjoy it like my 20 year old self would. I was tired and wanted the kid to sleep. I believe I said a silent prayer that the baby would calm. I know this is a little bit of a misuse of prayer. I mean prayers should be for important things.. not just for my personal convenience. Once when I was a young mother, I did say a desperate prayer for my baby to calm in church. Amazingly it worked. Last night, my prayer was not as dramatically answered.

Today I went to nursery in a daze. There were only 4 kids. We played balls... and dumped all the toys. Then I laid down on a carpet square. We commenced to have a short lesson on our bodies and how they need rest. I told the kids that Heavenly Father liked naps. I'm sure he does. I mean Sunday is technically a day of rest. I'm sure that this isn't recommended cirriculum.. but maybe some subliminal programming that their parents will thank me for?

After my Sunday nap I was surprisingly productive. Shelby was writing college scholarship essays. Usually I am allergic to these. Today I was able to assist and actually be on board and happy about it...

Right now we are making home movies... Brooke and the friends are spoofing toddlers in tiaras. She's having a hard time not cracking up through our filming.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke