
Well.. this week was stellar. Hailey Mae turned 16 and crammed in every social activity she could think of. The night of the birthday she had dinner with 2 friends.... the next night she had a surprise party hosted by friends and now tonight she and several kids are having a "we didn't go to prom cuz we are just sophomores" party. She also scored an I-Phone in the yearly re-up new package deal. Spoiled much?
Thursday, I received a beautiful infinity scarf in the mail from my mom. I wore it on a date.
Today Stefi and I went to Bend for a Relief Society activity. I played the piano and we enjoyed some of the classes. A friend of ours gave a nice lesson on knowing who we really are. She shared some personal stories which were very real. She described feeling like her life was like a bunch of broken pieces of glass. Her imagery was really powerful. I can relate to feeling that way. When real women overcome heartache and trial.. I get inspired. More so than just women who are doling out advise on how to have it all together. Not that anyone really has it all together. But some people fake it better than others.
Me.. I don't fake it that well... Because I really don't have it all together. I'm juggling it all around and piecing it together. Most of the time, I can't handle it all.. and then I eat chocolate or have a Dr. Pepper or get in the bath tub and fill it with bubbles and read a book. Or I make a list and then obsess over it.
I pieced together a prom dress for a friend. She wanted straps on her daughter's dress. So I cut off the bottom and hemmed it and then used the bottom to make some sparkly straps. At 10pm last night she came over and we made sure it fit and sewed them on. I hope it turned out okay for her..
Shelby is at her final Senior prom tonight. It is a melancholy time.... one of her last high school events. She looks like a dream. She is wearing an orangish sheath dress that has gathers and is very fitted from the waist down. She is so beautiful and with her makeup and long eyelashes she looks like an old hollywood star...Shelby has some church buddies that keep her smiling and rescue her from situations with pre prom frozen pizzas and hairdo sessions.
Kris and his brother spent the day fishing.
Happy Mum's Day!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment