Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Triathlon


We survived the weekend mostly. Thursday I made it to Boise and retrieved Stefani. She was exhausted. In less than 24 hours she packed up her possessions into storage and flew home. She also took a final. She wandered through the airport then took a taxi to the mall. After several hours she rested on a bench and that is where her cousin found her.


I was detained at home with my work schedule. I made it to get her early in the evening. We enjoyed a nice dinner together and then drove home..

Friday we took the four younger kids to Salem. Everyone was grumpy. The 5 hours was long and sniffly (spring colds). Stefi watched the dog at home. We crashed in a hotel all of us and I laid there thinking....will Shelby's bike tire go flat? Will she get run over by a car? What if she gets lost? Thankfully we woke up on time and got Shelby to her triathlon registration. The workers inked her number into her muscled calf and also on her arm. She easily completed the swim in 9:44 and then went on the longest/ hilliest bike ride ever. We followed in the car, filming and cheering. She obliged us with dirty looks. After dismounting the bike approximately 1.5 hours later and blowing her nose, she finished the race with a triumphant run. There at the finish line was her relieved family and grandparents. Senior project done!

We celebrated with a lunch at Red Robin.

Back home in Burns the dog was peeing on the carpet...apparently protesting our absence. Great!

Sunday we all went to church. I was secretly proud of all my beautiful daughters. They looked amazing dressed in their finery. They were all ready to go at the correct time also. After sacrament Kris had an eye emergency. We had to take him home and irrigate him. We spent Sunday school together.

Then Monday I worked surgery ...my Shelby got to job shadow me! I'm not sure if I frightened her or taught her something.

Monday night I had my final senior all night party meeting. I think I impressed everyone with my unorganized attempt to wrap up some final details.

Lastly, after picking up 47 used kleenexes around the house I caught a cold. Surprise, surprise.

I've been irritated at my offspring for infecting me. Except that Shelby wrote a nice little tid bit that is in this May's New Era. It's about me! And it's so sweet. If you get the New Era.. check out the section on Mothers. The Shelby 17 from Oregon is mine!

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke