Saturday, July 20, 2013
Yard Sale Phenomenon
Did I title that right? Would it be Yard Sale Phenomena? I'm glad I'm not a high traffic sight. Some people get real irritated when bloggers can't spell right or use proper English.
We had our Yard Sale this morning. It was a win win situation. Here is why....
----We got rid of some junk and so the house is looking much nicer and is easier to clean
----We made some money!!! Around 175 dollars.. which for me is big bucks people. (in my yard sale-ing history)
----We made some people happy... That's the best part. I love it when people find one of your discards and actually put it to good use.
I think that social networking helps in advertising nowadays. We have a local advertising site and I put a notice there and also on facebook. We made some signs which brought some people out.
I have always hesitated to have a yard sale since we live so far out of town but I actually think I got more people than ever. I think the curiosity got the best of some.
What always, always, cracks me up is the stuff that sells at yard sales. I mean, it's not what you would think. I had a some lovely things that sat all morning. But silly stuff moved like crazy..
Normal stuff we sold:
-Kid's clothes.. no brainer
-toys.. (although these have not historically always sold well)
-some books and nick nacks
-backpacks and purses
Really odd stuff we sold
-Justin Beiber poster (a dad bought it as a joke for his son)
-#10 cans
-Blazers jerseys
-tires to an old car
-the girls dress up costumes were a big hit!!!! Like best sellers!
-the free blender with the crack in it????
I was surprised that I didn't sell
-some really cute house decor stuff
-really any shoes.. This seems to be true.. nobody wants to buy shoes unless they are kids shoes
Now I have cleaned up and I do mean cleaned. Everything is looking so much better. We have a modicum of order. (Not sure if I got that phrase right either). Please don't hate me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment