Friday, July 26, 2013
Happy Birthday
We have our Japanese exchange student this week. She is adjusting to our family and we are showing her a fun time! Brooke is the host student this year. All of our girls have now hosted except Amanda.. In total we have hosted 6 students.
Kris is half way to 90... as Hailey would say. Because I didn't really do much in the way of Father's Day I really tried to go all out for this birthday. I had thoughts earlier in the week of calling a bunch of people and inviting them to a big surprise party for him but I quickly dismissed that idea... instead...
We hung black streamers and balloons in the kitchen and made him dinner. This is pretty special because.... a. I don't usually make dinner and b. I don't usually make dinner. So I whipped up a meatloaf, some corn on the cob, baked potatoes, fruit and a jello cake. (Jana makes jello cakes.. she's kindof famous for them. I got directions on how to make one which I sort of botched. But it was edible, although not pretty) Amanda serenaded her dad with Happy Birthday on the violin.
After dinner and cake we went outside and had a water balloon fight with the 98 water balloons we filled. This was a fun filled 10 minutes of launching balloons at each other. I picked Kris to be on my team. It was a smart move.
Then we went to Burns Pond and fished. We caught one very little fish. Our guest reeled it in. I casted some and then we headed home.
It was a fun day.. Half way to 90!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

No comments:
Post a Comment