Sunday, August 4, 2013

Random Thoughts



It is now August. I created a detailed calendar this morning showing me exactly what days I have open this month to draw extra breath and whatnot. It is shaping up to be an extremely busy month. Don't I always say that? But truly. It is. Busy.

I think part of the busy-ness is me trying to be a good American mother to the exchange student. Making sure she has good meals and all. It is forcing me to be better. I guess that is really, really good.

Not sleeping much these days. But oh well.

Brooke has a babysitting job on top of her hosting our Japanese friend. She is earning some extra money for herself.

Shelby coached at a camp this week for NBC. She earned some money and also had a great time.

Hailey snuck in a trip to visit some young men she met at youth conference. One in particular is not her boyfriend, although she made him her main photo on facebook.

Stefani is still working hard at her job, doing audits and painting my kitchen cabinets. She is also blogging and photographing... and writing her book.

Kris bought me a fly rod for his birthday. We have been sneaking off to go fishing during the evenings. I am not a good caster. Yet.

And here is a public service announcement. Did you know that you can get arrested in Walmart if you eat something before you check out even if you were going to pay for it?

Holy smokes! I do that all the time in Safeway. Then I go through checkout with the wrapper. I am going to devote family home evening to warning my kids that I have been wrong to do that all these years and when they go out in the big world they had better not eat anything pre pay. Yikes.


No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke