Tuesday, August 13, 2013

In the which I demonstrate some patience....

Yep.. that blog title made a lot of sense. (spoiler alert: I am making up some words and phrases in this post.)

I have been congratulating myself on exerting superhuman amounts of patience.

For instance...

Sunday I had an encounter with a young person in the which she stated that she was so tired and wanted to be able to sleep since she had to work at 09am the next morning. I was so proud of myself that I didn't respond in a cranky, sarcastic, know it all attitude. I just smiled and laid on the compassion.

After talking with said tired person, I worked all night Sunday.. and then on Monday morning I returned home. I was so weary, I was having chest pain. I glimly, shlugged around the house picking up after everyone and I resisted the urge to scream at somebody, anybody to lend me a hand. I fought back the tears as they all slept the early morning hours away. Then I congratulated myself at not attacking anyone. I knew once I started, I'd never stop.. so I wisely held my tongue.

Then the young ones started to argue. I put them together in one of Kris's shirts. (I saw that on facebook)... and told them to stay in the shirt for 20 minutes. It worked like a charm.


After some brief periods of rest I awake to a daughter "cleaning my bathroom" and complaining loudly about it. My husband looked at me and said, "let me just handle this".. which is code word for.. When you start handling it things rapidly deteriorate. I looked at him patiently and let him handle it. Which means probably nobody said anything and I didn't care too much because I had gone back to sleep.


Today, I worked again and cooked a crockpot dinner for the visiting out of town volleyball coaches. I have lots of kids at my house right now. The Japanese student is sitting at the table speaking furiously fast Japanese to her friend. I can't bear to split them up because they are having so much fun. So I have washed all the dishes to the sounds of their chatter.

Shelby and her friend have pulled outfits out of my closet and they have sprayed their hair up in an 80's dress up frenzy. And Amanda and her friend are dressed up in sunglasses, hats and fancy dresses. Brooke and her friend are giggling and gossiping.

My kids are happy.

That's the main thing isn't it?

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke