I know that I tend to post a lot of advice lately. Or maybe I just think a lot of advice in my head... but here is a little secret.People change, and their circumstances do too. And that can be a good thing. I am not the same person that I was at 20 or 30. All those things that were so hard with little kids changed. My kids grew up. They became less labor intensive. They became fun little independent people who can watch themselves and have different needs. I made it through pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding... and I think that my hormones finally stabilized. Ie: I'm not quite as moody as I was in the past. I have more fun in the moment. I want to do more things with my husband. I look at life way differently.
So I guess my post for the day is this. Don't throw in the towel if things aren't the way you thought they'd be at 20 or 30. Things will mellow out and you might be happy you stuck it out. And if things crapped out in your 20's or 30's .. you still have a lot to look forward to. Things will still mellow out and you will have great new opportunities. Life is full of grand adventures. 40 and beyond. Just you wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment