Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Ready or Not
We had a wonderful week with our former exchange student Mai. She came to visit us after 7 years. It made me so glad that we have had Japanese students in our home. She was so gracious and willing to do anything. We enjoyed a piano recital and some short trips as well as just some family time at the ranch.
Mom and Dad came from Portland. They were SO HELPFUL. Dad put in our new lights. We have some more modern lights in our kitchen to match our newly painted yellow cabinets and black table. Mom and Dad and I went to the Round Barn an Oregon historical site and mom and I went to the concert above. At one point I laid my head on my mom's shoulder and closed my eyes. I listened to the music and was so thankful for my mom. We also visited the hot springs. Kris and I had an argument while mom and dad were there. I guess this is the first argument in 23 years that they have witnessed. And dad was really stoked that we argue sometimes. We do occasionally argue. We are normal. (:
Monday the kids started school. I walked Amanda into school. She is the only one that lets me. I love that she isn't embaressed yet by me.
Tuesday I drove to Redmond and took Mai to the airport. I also went to Walmart. I was really really in the mood for shopping. I am usually quite good about resisting the urge to shop. I can go into places and just spend a small amount. For some reason on Tuesday everything looked good. I caught myself looking at a Darth Vader talking doll. I contemplated buying it. I also really looked at the automotive accessories. Finally I bought a bunch of containers for the kids stuff for college.
They are leaving soon.. Ready or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

No comments:
Post a Comment