Saturday, August 31, 2013

My Little Brother


This is my 501 st blog post!

When you think about your family relationships.. The people that you will share time with on earth the longest are your siblings. Unfortunately your parents will probably predecease you and hopefully your children will outlive you. So the people that are right there with you pretty much the whole way are your siblings.

I have 3 other siblings. I am the oldest. So by nature of the fact that I was the only girl and that I left when they were mostly pretty young, I wasn't always the closest with my brothers.

I am happy to say that I feel closer with my siblings now than ever. Especially with my brother Jared. I am so happy that I have him as a close friend. I love to talk on the phone with him and to share quirky, funny memories and laughs. My brother has the best sense of humor.

I have hopes that over time I can also be closer with my other 2 brothers. They are both pretty special too.

I take real comfort in knowing that my parents love us all equally and respect and honor our uniqueness. They truly love all of us for who we are.

This picture of my brother and I makes me happy. I stole it off my mom's Picasa account. It takes me back to summer. I can feel the sand in my piggy toes and the joy I felt watching my brother parent his boys. It makes me laugh looking at us together.

We are family. Family gets you through. Together we can do anything.


No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke