
My birthday was great this year. When I thought of all the things I wanted, the only thing that came to mind was my parents. I missed them. I just wanted to spend the day with them. Oh simple joys. Happily, they agreed it was a good plan. So last week I drove to Bend and met them at the Red Robin. We had lunch and they conned our waitress into singing to me and we split an ice cream sundae, with three spoons. Then mom and I did some shopping. I tried on some outfits and she bought a few for me and then we all caught a movie together and shared some popcorn. Afterwards we spent the night at a hotel. I was watching Fox News and I could hear them rustling around in the bathroom. Soon they emerged, both holding a miniature chocolate cake with 4 lit candles. They were so cute! The next day we walked all around downtown and also by the duck pond.
St Patties Kris and I celebrated by going to dinner together. I love it when we go on dates. Amanda grills us about where we are going and how long we will be gone. I think I told her we would be gone 7 hours. We mostly just go for an hour. Then we come back home....
My best buddy Jana took me to dinner on my actual bday. I think I've gained 5 pounds because I also had lunch that day with my friend Tammy. Then we went to a fun party where I got a manicure and a set of cute jam berry nails. Jana and I took a picture together with a chalkboard sign. I told her I wanted a photo of just us. I don't have very many.
I was thoroughly spoiled this year. Mainly, I got to spend time with people I love and care about. Those are the best gifts. I have great family and the best friends...and some of my best friends are family!

No comments:
Post a Comment