Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Niacin and Beer
Today was an exceptionally weird day.
I worked last night 12 hours and found myself in the middle of the night making lists. Checking my calendar, and shuffling my engagements to and fro.
As the morning commenced, I envisioned warming up the car, filling it up with some gas and then having a nice nap.
A coworker showed up feeling unwell and I sent her home and decided to help until the staffing problem was resolved. To boost my energy I drank an energy drink/ booster thing I had in my pocket. I didn't think much of it until suddenly 10 minutes later my ears were really hot. I mentioned to someone that I felt a little warm. They looked at me and said, "Christy you are completely red". I ended up taking 50mg of Benadryl and heading over to the Dr's office when I began to feel shaky. I had my vital signs taken and was sent home. Upon reaching my home and checking the pantry, I reviewed the ingredients of the said energy drink. Among them I found the guilty culprit. Niacin. Niacin causes flushing of the body.. sometimes rather intensely. It isn't really an allergic reaction persay. It is just intensely uncomfortable. Some people take a dose of aspirin 30 minutes prior to Niacin and this tends to blunt the reaction. I remembered this and grabbed two Bayer's and went to sleep.
When I awake around 1pm I felt much better and coincidentally was no longer the color of a raspberry. I decided to head into town and do some recycling. I have a coworker who saves me beer cans/bottles to recycle. The kids and I have recycled these for mad money. I thought it would be fun to recycle the cans and buy the kiddos a movie. So I began putting bottles in the machine. About 10 bottles into the process I shoved a full bottle in the machine and beer spewed forth onto my coat. A lot of beer. I was determined to finish though. I recycled all the cans and pocketed my money. Then I went to Safeway and bought Frozen the movie. All while smelling like a six pack. I don't feel like I really owe anyone an explanation why I smelled like a distillery but this is a very small town. I could just hear the tongues a-wagging... You know that lady, the mormon one with all the daughters? I think she is under a lot of stress and may be drinking like a fish. I ran into her in the store the other day and she smelled like she was drunk. Thinking of the comments people may be thinking in their heads.. I started telling a few people that I didn't drink, but that I had just recycled several cans and was smelling a little alcoholic.
Sometimes explanations don't help.
I came home to my kids doing what they do best during spring break... pretty much nothing.
Then Kris came home. We commenced to have an argument about our front porch. It is warped and old and I have plans for us to redo it. Kris thinks we should do this in Redwood based on one guys recommendation. I think we should do it in composite. We disagree. I think I am a pretty low maintenance person and I never really ask for anything home repair wise. So I think I should get composite... based on my history of never asking for anything. Other than I did ask for chest of drawers when we moved to Burns. But I think that is pretty minor.
So that was the day.
Here's what I have resolved. No more energy drinks. No more Beer.
For a more positive post. Remember to read the one I wrote earlier! (:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment