Sunday, June 15, 2014

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY



HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Today is Father's Day! I'm grateful that my dad was able to spend some time with me and my family this week. This year was a little bit sad, because I didn't get to buy my grandpa Lyle a Father's Day card and I'm sure that my dad is missing his dad.

Here are some things about my dad....
-Loves sweets
-Is an excellent Grandpa
-Hikes
-Former Mazama Member/Mountain Climber

When dad comes to visit he brings his gun and shoots ground squirrels. He makes an effort to show all of my kids equal attention. This visit he brought me the blanket that my grandpa had on in the hospital before he died. I was really happy that I got that blanket. I helped the hospice chaplain person pick it out for grandpa.

My dad is 71 but he looks like he is 55. I'm always amazed when I take care of people that are my dad's age because they are so much older mentally and physically. My dad has taken good care of himself over the years and has continued to work as a consultant. I think he is officially retired at this point. He still keeps very active and busy.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My husband is the other amazing Dad in my life. I couldn't ask for a kinder, more patient and loving father of my children. I think my kids are so lucky. They have had a great role model. I hope they pick men for husbands that are as awesome as their dad!

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke