Monday, January 26, 2015

Travel Team




Amanda is playing on a traveling basketball team that Kris coaches. He has done this with our other daughters (most memorably Shelby). The kids picked and ordered uniforms to wear and practice twice a week. They struggle a little with the basics... passing, shooting, knowing how to defend the player they are guarding.

This weekend they had a tournament in Crane. Crane is super small and you never know how old the players are on the team they rally. Some of the kids were much older than Amanda and some younger. I think it was in general a good experience for her. When the older kids were in, the other team was crushing them... when the smaller players went in they were more evenly matched and able to run their plays and score some.

Then we went to watch Shelby play a home game. We brought her good friend Sheyanne with us. Sheyanne has returned from her mission to Argentina to recover from a knee injury. She was a good sport to drive over the pass to Ontario with us. We watched the team, had dinner together and then drove all the way back.

Yesterday I was really tired. It was a wild day in nursery. Some little ones were crying lots and some teenagers visited and then began to have an intense ball fight. I was a little concerned someone was going to get hurt. Luckily no one did. I love all my little friends in nursery. I love to sing and play with them. I love how much they love Jesus.

And I haven't been to Relief Society in about 3 years. This is not a bad thing. Nursery is better for me and for every one else.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke