Friday, October 16, 2015

Game Day

Yesterday was a busy day. I drove Brooke 120 miles to the orthodontist. We got some X-rays , wire changes and ate a snack at Del Taco. Then we drove 120 miles back home. She caught the last half of school and I decided that since I was spending so much time in the car... What was another 120 miles? So I got in the car and drove to John Day for Amanda's volleyball game. The drive was heartbreaking. The formerly lush forested mountainsides were burnt bare or littered with black stumps. I started feeling nervous about the winter driving conditions. What will hold back the land if there is no vegetation to prevent the erosion? I saw black burnt automobiles and homes gone except for the remains of a blackened chimney. When I got to the middle school a surprised Amanda jumped up and hugged me! That never happens with anyone over the age of 13. Good thing she's not old enough to care or realize that just isn't cool.

After the games we went out to dinner with friends and I still had an extra 60 miles left to go til home. Luckily I was following some tail lights home. When I was just about home Jana called and told me that they had gone a little slower to watch out for me because of all the deer . Seriously I never saw one deer so I'm just grateful for good friends and guardian angels!

I'm just finishing the hardest continuing Ed class I've ever taken. I suffered through all 20-30 hours of it. I just don't get online discussion forums. I'm still a student of the 90's.

If I can get through the next week I can do anything...its some serious business.


Good thing I'm well stocked with chocolate.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke