Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Happy Birthday

Today is the birthday of my husbands mother. She is an incredible lady. I was going to make this year a good birthday so I headed down to the local floral shop and ordered her a large bouquet of birthday flowers. Then I was on the phone with my daughter in Utah and she said, "Mom grandma is out of town tomorrow. " So I had to cancel the order. Dang it.

I am grateful that she gets to celebrate another birthday. She has led a pretty amazing life and has had a hard last few years taking care of my father in law. She demonstrated lots of love and patience through it all.

My mother in law is ambitious. She has run a successful business in her life and also furthered her education. She has traveled all over the world.

If I have anyone to thank for my husbands ambition and work ethic it is her. She did a good job raising him. His mom worked while he was little, so he gets woman who work. This is helpful for those nights when I am not able to pull it all together.

She raised my single most favorite person on the planet... So I am eternally in her debt.

I don't think that she probably envisioned a girl like me marrying her son. I think she probably hoped for a classy lady with more domestic skills. But she has always been very kind to me and I am grateful that she is very close with my daughters.

She is always very generous and giving. She is sharing her time share with us when we go on vacation ... and we are so looking forward to that.


Happy Birthday Mom! We Love You!


No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke