Brookie got her driver's license. It finally happened Wednesday. The week before we had made an attempt, but when I checked the glove compartment it didn't include a current insurance card. Wednesday, Kris took her for her test and they had everything ready and Brooke survived the test. She has been driving the old tan car that Shelby used to drive. She says she actually misses driving with one of us. It is nice to have another driver at home. One summer I had 3 teen driver's at home. I hardly had to leave the house. A driving teenager takes some of the pressure off of the mom and dad to taxi said teen around. And if said teen is usually running late to church... said teen can drive self.
Speaking of which.. sometimes many of our vehicles go to church. This is neither smart nor cost efficient... but it is just the way we sometimes all make it to church. Kris always goes in way early! Sometimes so early that he doesn't check to make sure his suit coat and pants match. I have to be there at 09:40 to play the organ. About 50% of the time I've been able to successfully get children ready to leave with me. So the other 50% another vehicle leaves for church around 09:50 or 10:00. I should calculate the cost of 3 vehicles making the 12 mile round trip but I won't.
Speaking of calculations, last night we saw the movie Martian. It is really a good movie. Basically this astronaut figures a way, mathmatically to survive when left on the planet. And then they all use physics and math and calculations to get him home. It's all futuristic but based on principles that NASA apparantly states are correct.
I think my dad would be able to calculate his way off Mars... but pretty much the rest of us are in trouble. If Kris and I were stuck on Mars we would just have a big party, eat all the MRE's and light the equipment on fire and go out in a blaze of glory. There would be no mathmatical calculations involved in it, unless I had to calculate medication dosages for us to sleep or something. I could do that.
This week I worked every single day. I think it is a new record for me. I certainly didn't plan it that way, but it ended up being a week where I had some education and floor work.
Monday I worked in surgery 6 hours, Tuesday I worked cataracts for 11 hours, Wednesday and Thursday I took a pediatric course at the hospital that took 9 hours the first day and 4 hours the 2nd. Friday I did an infusion for 2.5 hours and yesterday I worked a 12 hour floor/ER shift so a coworker could make an important presentation on the fires this summer.
I'm glad I never, hardly every work that much.
The next month or two I am looking forward to a much more relaxed schedule. Phew.
Friday night was the last home football game. Brooke cheered again and afterwards I made meals for our dinner group. I am in a new freezer meal group with 10 other ladies. Basically we all make a meal and replicate it 10 times and then get together and distribute these so then we end up with 10 meals.. I made a basic crockpot meal with chicken, applesauce, bbq sauce and spices. It goes in for 6-8 hours. Then I guess you serve it with something like... who knows .. rice? I opened zip lock bags and was pouring in sauces and chicken and pretty much destroyed my kitchen. But now I am trying meals that other, better cooks made. I like it!
I talked to all my college kids last night. Stef was in Colorado with a special boy and his family and I talked to the two of them on speakerphone. I am a little deaf and so I really couldn't hear everything that they said so I just kept talking loudly.
Shelby was in Provo doing homework and Hailey Mae was calling from Hawaii. I am so glad I can connect with everyone on the phone.
Amanda is learning how to crochet. She is working on a scarf.
And that is the latest.

No comments:
Post a Comment