Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Planning



Holy Cow is there a lot to do for planning a wedding. Somehow my inner procrastinator is at war with my inner planner. They are hashing it out, alot. But all in all things are shaping up. We have the venue, the florist, the caterer, the cake person, the photographers, the big dress and I have all the material to make all the dresses. We have measurements and we have dates. We really have everything.. just not the final details.. ironed out. In the next few days I hope to have all of the invitations ordered.

It has been very distracting really having something else to focus on besides the twilight zone that we are living in.

We live in a small, rural town that everyone used to not know. Now I think the whole world has heard of Burns.

I am tired of driving in town and not recognizing half the people there. I want to go out to dinner without knowing the FBI is sitting two tables away. I want to go to Safeway without the militia buying grocieries with their guns strapped to their legs. I want my friends that are in law enforcement to not feel completely terrified all the time.

Last night the people were arrested and road blocks were set up on the highway which starts not 2 miles from my house. (the site of the incident was many more miles away on that particular highway). We were driving into town to practices and noticing the multiple law enforcement vehicles blocking the road. We have no radio so most news was coming out of social media. Stay Home! Hospital on lockdown. Brooke was at basketball and I waited for her and then followed her home.

She cried for awhile for the man who died. What a sweetheart.

Then I laid on the couch with Kris with my head on his heart. I listened to his heart beating for 20 minutes. I thought about how much I love him and how I don't ever want to lose him.

Then I fell asleep. Hoping to wake up to a new day with more peace and less pain. And more wedding plans.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke