Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February


Top 10 Cool Things About Life Right Now

1. I can now spot FBI guys from a mile away. They are much better looking than the militia. Just saying. Today I spotted 3 tank like vehicles. Every once in awhile for kicks we drive by the airport which is where everything is stationed. I've thought about bringing them cookies. Maybe if they are here until March... I'll do it.

2. It has now become commonplace to see at least 2 news vans parked on main street doing a live shot. Today I thought about parking and jumping in the shot and waving "Hi Mom and Dad!"... But I didn't.

3. One is never surprised now at what a new day brings. I seriously couldn't make up the stuff that is happening on a daily basis if I tried. Like serious crazy stuff. I am hoping they make a made for TV movie about it. If they need to cast a townsperson as moi I have some ideas about who I would like to play me. Like Sandra Bullock or Marie Osmond... but hey... They only need to drive a car around and look puzzled, while drinking Dr. Pepper.


4. I am going to see my daughter in a few weeks and so that is a positive and I'm truly thrilled about that.

5. My best friend and I are still having lunch. It's on a slightly less regular basis. But it is still happening and that is the best. We are trying to have conversations that are not centered around the drama. This is pretty hard to do but if you are going to have a conversation about it.. she really is the best person to talk with. She loves everyone and is so kind and compassionate.

6. I have found that one of the really great things about life right now is that I feel more focused on the things that matter... and those things are the people that I love. I especially have felt that I have connected more with my youngest two. I have had some great conversations and experiences with both of them.. I actually wonder if life was going along as it normally does if I would be too busy to enjoy this sweet side benefit.


7. I am getting lots done for the wedding planning. Today for instance I put in 2 movies and cut out all of the material for all of the things I am sewing! I felt so productive! I got so much done! It was a miracle!

8. People are still having colonoscopies! No one is protesting that! So that is good for me.. job wise. I have been working slightly less which is also very good for my mental health.

9. On days when I feel really overwhemed and the also suffering through the dulldrums of winter I am pulling out my memories of Hawaii. It seems like it was a year ago that we went but really it was only a few short months. I am so grateful that I was able to recharge and relax in Hawaii and have a little reprieve before this time of immense stress. I can close my eyes and return to our beautiful private beach and feel the sun on my face and hear the waves.

10. Spring is around the corner.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke