Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Denver and the Dog
The occupation ended! Our town collectively breathed a sigh of relief... sortof. Except for all the crazy infighting on social media and everyone with a conspiracy theory. I guess if you were listening to the end on livestream you were treated to a real treat of craziness. That's sort of what life felt like around here. The FBI is still here. The local 4-H took them cookies the other day. Where was I to help with that? Many people are being questioned now and are slightly paranoid. I think it's funny. If you didn't help with the occupation or feed the people or over comment on facebook, you probably won't have to worry.
Note to self. It was good to stay off of facebook for all the drama. Pat on the back for me.
As things were all wrapping up, I was flying to Denver to visit Stef. I loaded up invitations for the grooms family and some other wedding stuff in a suitcase and made my way over to the airport. After a short flight, I was able to spend an enjoyable weekend getting to know Stef's new almost family by marriage. We did a lot of visiting and also ate out and shopped. Saturday she went through the temple and I was honored to be her escort. I think she is marrying into a great family. I loved them all!
Sunday I flew home. Kris and the girls had a nice Valentine's Day dinner waiting and some fun gifts.
Tuesday I addressed wedding invitations all day. The good news is I got a lot done. The bad news is I didn't get all of it done and I need to mail them soon.
Last night the dog got into something. She was head to toe covered in manure so Kris hosed her off and she was shivering. Today she didn't move from her bed. This evening we called the mobile vet and the nice vet guy came to our house. We had spent an hour petting Trucker and Amanda crying and praying. There is nothing sadder than an 11 year old crying over her sick dog. Trucker gets to spend the night recovering ... She has some liver damage and is being hydrated by IV's . She also had blood work and Xrays. Good thing I'm made of money. It will all be worth it if my little one has her dog another few years.
Fingers crossed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment