
I wasted 5 minutes of my life trying to come up with a title for this. I went through all sorts of words like surviving, overcoming, dealing, and then I just thought... I'm not going to do a title. Thus the boring another post.
I also stole this photo off of facebook. I hope that I don't get in trouble for that. I'm not claiming that I took it and so I could credit the person. It's someone off of a community page that has been started for healing. We've all been introducing ourselves in this new facebook group and telling how long we've lived in our little town and posting photos. This is a photo of Kiger Gorge. It's really quite breathtaking when you are there in person. So Thank you man that posted this photo.
Today I played for a funeral. It was a Catholic service. I struggle sometimes with other services because I want to play music that they would be comfortable with. It wouldn't be appropriate to stick a mormon song in there ... so I try in my prelude to play stuff that would be considered generic. But I am just not familiar enough with Catholic hymns to be relevant other than Ave Maria. The singer for the funeral was sick and is also a Christian minister's wife so she knows as much about the service as I do. You really have to pay attention and I was supposed to play for the offeratory and also the communion. Luckily the Father was very sweet and he would give me just the slightest of nods when I was supposed to start a new song. We got through it ok and I was grateful.
Other than that I have really not done much for several days. Like not left the house. I was considering how long it's been since I hid myself up like a recluse and didn't do a thing. It's been probably a few years. It's kindof freeing to become a hermit. I locked the door and hung out with myself. Sometimes I'm not the best company. But I do talk to myself and then I sometimes answer myself too. Then I texted my brother and my parents. Then I talked to my parents for a bit.
Which got me thinking. What did my parents say to me when I was younger and going through hard times? What did they demonstrate about life .. what attitudes did they help me develop?
And really the big question... What attitudes am I helping my kids develop when things are hard?
That really is the kicker.
And sometimes I don't like the answer to that question.
Which means I have some work to do.
But really... Some of this is pretty glum and really, exciting things are in the works.
I do remember my dad saying, "Tough times don't last, tough people do".
And I guess we are tough people?!
And I promise next post will be postive.
No comments:
Post a Comment