Saturday, June 4, 2016

Connecting

I think that essentially life is about connecting with people.

You hope to have a really good connection with the person you marry and the people that you birthed. Today Shelby reminded Brooke that they both shared my uterus. It was a little funny the way she said it and thank heavens no one shared my uterus at the same time.

When you feel a connection.. there is understanding and charity. There is unconditional love.

I really got burnt out in my job this year. I was missing connection. I think that I wasn't maybe always giving the best of myself because I was working so much and feeling pulled in so many directions. I felt frustrated more often than not.

But lately, I have had a few experiences at work that I really enjoyed. Without giving too many details, one of them involved a cancer patient that I give chemo too. We really bonded and I enjoyed the treatments I was involved in because we visited and talked and I felt like I was able to connect with the person and help decrease any anxiety that was present. The other two experiences also just involved me giving maybe just a bit more of myself than required and I was so rewarded. I felt like I loved being a nurse again!

So that is positive.

We really enjoyed our Memorial Day. We took the boat out on the lake and we tried to catch fish. It was really hot and no fish were biting. We brought the missionaries with us because it was their P day. They stayed on the land and played catch with the football and baseball. They also got pretty sunburnt. I felt like I needed to email their mom's and apologize. Then we came home and barbecued and played basketball and the by now very tired missionaries left us a message and departed. Both of them have very little experience with sisters. I think they were pretty well initiated into life with lots of girls after spending the whole day in our company.

Drumroll please. It's time for a to do list.

----shave my legs

----buy swimsuit and sleeping bag for girls camp

----get wedding announcement in local paper (it's only been 2 1/2 months.. No biggie)

----figure out schedule for summer.. who's coming and going.. camps, vacations, etc.

----Hailey needs to buy mission clothes

----schedule time for Hailey to go to temple

----figure out Hailey's farewell

----get car to shop ...

----reschedule orthodontist

---Pay cheerleading fees

---Pay for lambs

---figure out feeding schedule for lambs

---blog to book... figure out how to do or bribe Jared to do it for me

---get organized for Primary calling. Learn more songs. Make more visual aides.

---Make cookies for missionary fireside

---keep track of CEU's for CEN. Remember you expire in 10 months

---water plants

---set some screen time limits for Amanda before the earphones grow onto her ears and her fingers atrophy on the computer keys

---enjoy the beautiful weather

---call people I love who I haven't talked to recently

---fast tomorrow

---schedule haircut

---pray for no jury duty the 5 days this month that I am slated for jury duty

---pay the bills



No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke