Sunday, July 17, 2016

How Great Thou Art



A few weeks ago, the bishop asked Amanda to sing in church. We got busy as usual. Then we forgot about it and slowly the date crept up on us. Amanda had the idea to sing the song she learned at camp which is "I will" By Hillary Weeks.. We tried it and although it was nice, we felt like it wasn't the song. Amanda expressed really liking the hymn "How Great Thou Art". We tried it in the key it is written in and it was nice but the high notes were a little shaky.

Yesterday, I took her to the church and had an inspiration. I decided to ask her to sing it several steps lower. It was amazing. I had to play the accompaniment by ear and I did a light rolling chord bass. She belted it out! It was beautiful. She hit the notes with a clear, strong, loud voice!

Today for sacrament meeting she sang in front of everyone and the Stake President was there. She really did well! I am so happy that she likes to sing and she wasn't afraid to get out there and sing her little heart out. It was a very good day.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke