Did I get your attention? We traveled to Utah for Amanda to attend a sports camp to visit Kris's mom for a few days. It was a super quick trip. Kris and some of the kiddos went there Wednesday. I hung around and picked Shelby up and headed down on Saturday. Then we all went to Stadium of Fire. We listened to Tim McGraw sing lots of songs and sang along with him. The girls had a lot of fun. My favorite song was Humble and Kind. We all were swaying and singing and holding our cell phones like lights. Then there were lots of fireworks.
We spent a few days enjoying visiting and sleeping in Sheryl and Clark's king bed and then we went home on Tuesday, leaving a homesick Amanda at basketball camp. I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to hook up with my brother and his family.
Back at home we jumped back into working, feeding the lambs and the usual craziness. Amanda ended up having just a great time! Hailey picked her up and drove her home. We heard lots of stories of her being chosen as an All Star and also of meeting a cute LaCross player named Stone. She also made a bunch of new friends which was really just what she needed.
This weekend Kris and I went on a fishing date. It has been too long since we went on a fishing date so I am so glad that we squeezed it in. We went to Yellow Jacket and got in our waders and float tubes. I hadn't been float tubing in so long that I wasn't using the correct fin stroke to navigate in the waters. I basically was in the middle of the lake thinking that I really might die. Then Kris reminded me to bicycle my legs. (I was trying to use them both at the same time). After he rigged me up with a sweet fly set up (damsel) I caught a beautiful little fish. We got rained on, I lost a sweater in the lake and then after another 40 minutes of leg work, we made it back to shore. I would like to remember, among other things, that on that particular trip I used the cleanest out house I have ever encountered. Someone had cleaned it with Pine Sol. It was literally gleaming. I took a big inhale, which I never ever do. I think that outhouse was cleaner than my home bathroom and even some pristine bathrooms at the hospital. My friend Jana would have approved. I could have eaten dinner off the floor.
Enough about the outhouse.
Today has been another sad day. One of my favorite cancer patients died this week and one of my favorite coworkers is missing.
I listened to Humble and Kind again today.
And it was just what I needed.
Thanks Tim.
No comments:
Post a Comment