Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 is almost in the books

Holidays 2016 were fun. We traveled to McCall to our timeshare and enjoyed some time together. It's always festive being crammed in the condo with everyone's germs, clothing and moods. At the end of the day we have some great times. We made cookies, meals and talked with Hailey Mae on Christmas day. We also went over to see Gma and Sheryl and Clark in their more spacious condo. We put together a puzzle, played some hilarious games and watched football.

One of the days we went to the mountain and skied. I have not skied in about 18 years. But, I spent a large part of my teen years hitting the slopes and that muscle memory has not left me. I'm proud to say that I hopped off the lift and had a rather exhilarating experience! I made it down the mountain swooshing left and right with not many a fall. I felt 20 years younger! It was a blast. We paid for 2 of the kids to have lessons and they enjoyed the bunny hill. Stef and Glen skied and snowboarded with us. The skis now a days are shorter and fatter and seem to be easier to use. My children kept commenting that they couldn't believe how well I ski (considering I'm not really their sporty parent). I couldn't really walk well for about a week after and even at work on the stairs I have felt it for quite a while. But man.. That was fun.

Kris did most of our Christmas shopping this year. He really did a great job and we had happy kids and not too many size problems. I think I will let him do it every year. The internet really makes it better.

Shelby has been home a little longer this break and we have been enjoying her. Yesterday her old college had an alumni basketball game. We decided to go last minute and she and I headed out into some really bad weather. We made our way carefully and arrived just right before the warm up. She put on an old jersey and I filmed her playing. She scored 11 points and smiled the whole time. It was so fun. She enjoyed hugging the girls she used to play with and visiting with the coaches. It didn't matter that they lost to the new squad by 30 points. They had a blast.

Talking with Hailey Mae was sad/happy. She is sounding so mature and is experiencing a lot of personal growth. But it is hard to miss her.

This year was a strange year. So many crazy, scary things happened and at the same time so many wonderful things occurred.

No doubt 2017 will be more of the same. I look forward to more time with my family and another year of challenges. Bring it on!

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke