Saturday, January 7, 2017

January January


What can I say about January? It's 7 days in and only one word comes to mind.. SNOW.

We are experiencing lots and lots and lots of SNOW. Snow that is blowing and drifting and deep. It looks like big poofs of cool whip. We have already got the honda stuck once. School was delayed one day.. But this weekend they have cancelled church. This really never happens but was probably a very good idea. So we are enjoying a slow, lazy day with no obligations!

This weekend we drove over to Boise to be at our dear friend Sheyanne's wedding. The drive was long due to conditions but it was relatively clear and we really enjoyed visiting with Glen and Stef and spending the night in their cute little apartment. The morning was cold and brisk.. and negative degrees. But it made a beautiful backdrop for their winter white wedding. Shelby and I were honored to be witnesses to their special day. We drove back and danced and partied at the reception and I held a sweet baby for an hour.

Today Shelby had to pack up and travel back to college. Sadly it was blizzard like conditions. She and four other kids packed into a vehicle and made the treacherous trip toward home. Luckily they were protected and decided to only go part way.

Tonight we are watching sports together and hanging out. It is fun to have nothing to do tomorrow. Although I will miss my Primary kids.

I did make some resolutions this year.

Here are a few:

-Say Yes More. Not to more things to do.. but to family. When my kids say, Mom lets go do this.. I'm going to say.. OK and drop whatever I had planned. I tried to do that tonight. The family was going to go get pizza and watch sports at the clinic. I said no initially and was going to clean the house up, but then I remember my new plan and said, "OK lets go". I realize that I have only 5 or 6 more years of kids at home. I need to pack everything in that I can.

Some other great January things. My mom celebrated her birthday and I got a new nephew!

So on with the snow. I am ok with the snow.. if we could just hover at 25-35 degrees I'd be fine. Negative 10 is screwing up my asthma.

THE END

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke