Last weekend we drove to Idaho Falls to celebrate Kris's Aunt and Uncle's 60th wedding anniversary. I have had several thoughts about their event. First of all, they are so sweet! They really love each other. They are also very close to their children and grandchildren. They still live in the house that they first bought many years ago. It really demonstrated to me that the things we have don't matter.. it's the people that we have in our lives. Anything we acquire, we can't take with us. Just our memories! Money and stuff can make our lives easier.. but it doesn't keep families together. Of course it also made us miss Grandpa Lynn. Alot. We enjoyed traveling with Kerry and seeing Shelby, Michelle and Grandma Shirley. It was a nice weekend.
Sunday we had to drive all day to get home. Then as we collapsed in tiredness we got ready for our late Mother's Day call from Hailey Mae. I keep thinking we are going to get all tech savvy and have some big screen available for her call so we can all see each other but it never happens. We end up crowded around the phone. It was nice to actually hear her voice. She is half way through her mission and still going strong with enthusiasm. She is going to be a trainer with her new companion!
My dad introduced me to a series Father Brown. Now when I have a free 30 minutes in the evening I watch an episode of it on Netflix. It is a show about a Catholic Priest in England who solves murders. It is set in the 1950's. I'm not sure why I like it.
Amanda ran for student body treasurer this week. She gave a speech that we all helped her write. She did such a good job! Although she lost by 2 votes, it was a fun experience.
School is almost out!
No comments:
Post a Comment