Thursday, August 31, 2017

August Is Over




This week all these signs appeared around town. Don't Give Up, You Matter, Your Mistakes Don't Define You... It is Suicide Prevention Month and people are trying to make a difference. I like this sign in the picture.

We are ready for fair. The lambs are fed and walked. The girls are ready, I think, to not have little lambs to care for daily. Next Wednesday we load them up for the fair. Thursday is market showing and Friday is showmanship. Saturday is the auction. I barely got all of their buyer letters mailed in time.

Brooke registered for high school for the very last time. She is cheering at a game this Friday. She is also really busy being the FFA president and coordinating fundraising, a big harvest dinner, and going to national convention. I think it is kind of overwhelming. She is also finishing up seminary. It is good practice for real adult life though. I can hardly believe that she is old enough to be almost leaving home. This year we will work hard to make memories and enjoy our time together. Senior year is filled with lots of milestones... Senior Pictures, Senior Project, Senior All Night Party ....

Amanda is an 8th grader. She also grew another inch or so over the summer so she is taller than me, Stef and almost the same height as Brooke and Shelby. She is still doing all her wonderful activities.. Amanda is highly enthusiastic about life and sometimes she doesn't know when to quit. We have to remind her to go to bed at night.

Hailey Mae has officially been on her mission for one year. She faithfully sends us weekly emails. I don't think I could survive otherwise. She is training again.

Shelby spent a month and a half with us. She returned to Provo last week to start school again. We really feel her absence . She is so good to all of us and to her sisters. She likes to watch old home movies when she is home.

Stef and Glen made a few trips home this summer with our grand dogs. Glen made his own smoker that he brought and smoked meat for us. I always tell him he is my favorite son in law. He has set the bar really high for that ...

And that is the way it is...

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke