Sunday, May 6, 2018

Update


The school year is almost over. Phew. Brooke has been house sitting for a family that went to Hawaii. They needed someone to watch their home, their very adorable active labradoodle and their chickens. So for two weeks Brooke stayed at this place and very competently fed and cared for the dog (and chickens). I really missed her while she was gone so I would sometimes go and sleep over there with her. I think it kind of felt like she was living on her own. She had her own television and personal space. The night before she came back home we all went and moved her out. She had lots of clothes and shoes and homework over there. She cleaned up the place so nice for the people and also left them a treat of chocolate covered strawberries.

This time of year was prom dress season. As per my typical routine I hemmed about 3 dresses. I have had a pretty bad season of my asthma acting up but luckily my prom dresses hemming coincided with a doctor visit in which I began taking some steroids. Steroids are not a great drug long term, but a week of steroids helps me breathe and also helps me hem dresses. I hemmed three in two days. And they all looked good.

This year to prepare for prom we did some extra fun stuff. We had errands in Boise and so Brooke had a spray tan. My cousin Erica owns a spray tan business and I have been kind of interested in how it looks and how you don't have to be in the sun to have the healthy tan glow. Brooke spent 10 minutes and looked like she had been playing in the sun for a month. We also made a fun hair appointment so she could have more of a fancy updo.

Prom day I was making some adjustments to the dress and then we tried it on. Brooke looked so beautiful ...It reminded me of when my girls were just tiny. I used to love to sing to them, "You are so beautiful, to me!" So I started to sing to her and then I started to cry. I will never get to help her get ready for a dance again. All of my girls are growing up and soon there will just be one at home. It was a bittersweet moment.

Brooke's date is in our ward and his mom and I are friends. They offered to cook for the kids so I got to go over and help waitress. I am glad Brooke didn't mind me being there... too much. The kids ate shrimp and steak and mashed potatoes and yummy appetizers.


Brooke also had National Honor Society this month and is wrapping up her time as FFA president.

We have been working hard at her college stuff and getting ready for graduation. It's getting so close.

Kris took Amanda and a friend fishing yesterday. They had a good time together. Kris has been cooking some amazing meals for our family.

I'm thankful for Marco Polo our family's latest choice of social media apps that keeps us updated. We can send little video snippets of our activities to each other. This allows us to see Stef and her cute pregnant belly, my favorite son in law, Shelby and her cute boyfriend, Hailey Mae and for all of us to feel connected.


No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke