Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Boy oh boy

Last week at about his time I had just about driven warp speed from my home to Idaho. I had received a call that my daughter's water had broken. It was somewhat of a miracle that I received the call because I was driving through the desert in the middle of nowhere .. where there is generally no cell service. The second I got the call I was just so dang excited. I turned the car around and sped for home. I packed in like 5 minutes and then drove about 80mph the whole way to the hospital. The kids had hung out at home for a bit and they weren't feeling too much contraction pain.

I think we checked into the hospital about 8pm and by 12:47 am, my beautiful grandson made his appearance. It's not really my labor story to tell, but I will say this. My daughter is amazing. She is strong and focused and brave. She just did an incredible job. I was so honored to be allowed to witness his birth. He is precious.

Over the next 6 days I got to hold and love on him. I watched my daughter transition into motherhood with all it's exciting first moments. I helped change some diapers, do some laundry and burp some air bubbles. I sang silly songs and rocked the little man.

I watched TV in the middle of the night.

In just 6 days he changed so much! It was the experience of a lifetime for me. One of those moments you hold onto forever. Such a blessed event in the midst of probably the hardest year of my life. And a new time in life. A time to be a grandparent! Bring it on!

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke