Saturday, July 28, 2018

Summer


I have been trying to make the most of the days of our summer this year. So this weekend we did a few fun things.

We attended the ward Pioneer party... this is at a local lake about an hour away. Kris was in charge of entertainment. We drove up and ate hamburgers and then Amanda played the ukelele and sang. Another group of girls sang some songs accompanied by a guitar. I led 2 primary kids in a rendition of "Here Comes the Ox Cart"...and there was some storytelling. We visited a bit and then took the windy road home. I had worked the night before so I was pretty tired. I hit the pillow and that was it for me.

This morning we got out of bed and went fishing. We took our little friend Linda. She is almost 70 and would fish all day every day. She has a little pink fishing pole. We were able to catch 7 fish. Some trout and some bass. Kris helped us rig up some bait poles with worms and power bait and then he did some fly fishing. Amanda jumped out into the lake and did some swimming.

After our fishing we had lunch at the Narrows. It was a pretty awesome day.

Brooke was chosen to be a cheerleader for the Shriners. She drove over to the west of the state to meet the other cheerleaders and visit the hospital. She will cheer in the big game next weekend.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke