Last week we got the news that Shelby is walking in Graduation exercises next week! Happy News for sure! She still has a Spanish Class to take but there is no official ceremony in June...So I will make the quick jaunt to witness the momentous occasion. Super glad for frequent flyer miles!
Easter we are having the grandson over for a few days. I have therefore been to the dollar store twice and have scouted out the local thrift shop and resale store. I have loaded up on some walking toys, a few small balls, a basketball hoop and baby piano. I also got him an easter basket and some cute eggs to play with. I am stoked. I think it's funny that as soon as your kids are past that stage you want rid of the toys and then bam... 13 years later you want them all again. I guess if you are like my parents you keep everything in really great condition and save it for the grandkids. If you are me... you have to go buy it again!
Basketball open gym has started again so that is taking up our time.
Also I have to report that sadly, I have had to give up my Dr. Pepper habit again. I was drinking enough that it was affecting my bladder.. TMI I know but the pain has motivated me to be soda free for 10 days. I did drink one soda the other day but it was small. That is huge! My goal is to become an occasional soda drinker... Like once a month at a special occasion... Not every day doing a Big Gulp. I found that day 3 with no soda I had the MOST MASSIVE HEADACHE of all time. Then I noticed that about day 7 I really like water again.
Amanda is doing lots of things for her goal of owning a cell phone. She completed reading The Book of Mormon and then she has been working on a 10 hour project where she reads lots of articles I find on media and how to use it safely and appropriately. She also will be responsible for paying her monthly bill, so she has been saving her lamb money. I wish that I would have done this for all my other kids. I didn't always realize how dangerous cell phones were and lets face it... 10 years ago they didn't do as much. I wish I would have had rules about not having your phone on after 9pm and no phones during family time. But I do think my kids are fairly good about phones. No thanks to me.
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment