Monday, May 13, 2019

May

I am happy to announce that I am publishing this blog post from my phone! I found an app for that. Kris’s Mac computer that we have been using for years is dying a slow death. And if I use a computer at work I can’t access my personal photos .So I find that I am having no way to update my blog. What is a girl to do? Find an app!

I have apps for everything on my phone now. My bank account, my credit cards, my geneology, my social media... it’s all there. 

I recently went to a nursing trauma conference and they had an event app for the conference that included all the speakers, their PowerPoint notes, all the attendees and all the evaluation info. 

I have an app now that allows me to track my work time card . I can see all the shifts I worked and my in and out punches. I can request vacations and also figure out misses punches. 

I have an Uber app on my phone in case I need a ride.

I have the LDS tools app on my phone.

I can see all my emails on my phone. 

I suppose I maybe could have a parenting app on my phone? Maybe I could log in and put in the latest issue and it would tell me exactly what to do! Maybe I will market that! Stef! Let’s do a parenting app!

Anyhow. We have been making trips to Utah. The first was for Shelby’s graduation. It was last minute and I flew out alone. But I enjoyed one on one time with Shelby, Hailey and Brooke. Shelby walked with thousands of other BYU graduates and I listened with pride to the speakers that gave their thoughts on life at commencement.  We lunched in celebration with grandma Shirley and family and friends . We took pictures and had a really fun time.

Just this weekend we went back again and got Brooke .. we packed up her stuff and caravanned home . During our quick visit we saw Shelby and Trent again and met Haileys friend joe. We also got to see Stef and Glens new house and baby Zeke. We played quiplash and ate cake.

It was fun to all be together. 

Brooke is home contemplating her next move and we remind her that this is ok. When I was that age I held several jobs and moved several times and didn’t know exactly what I was doing. Kris was changing majors and trying out different things too.  Young adulthood is a transition.

We are looking forward to the summer and camps and trips .

And any time we can all be together.



No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke