Friday, May 24, 2019

Holding On

How do you hold on when life gets challenging? What is grounding for you?

These are good questions. I think that I am very good in a crisis. I am trained for that and sometimes my training kicks in and I just do. I also have a pretty analytical mind and I sort things through kind of like a flow chart. Like, if there is an immediate need of a family member or friend, then go to box A. Then after box a, I kind of flow down the chart as I think I need to... based on my values and core principles. We do what we need to do to take care of eachother and then fill in the rest of the gaps.

Sometimes after the initial adrenaline wears off I find myself really tired and spent. I need a few days to do nothing and just kindof settle. I like to watch TV, netflix, NBA finals, read, and be with people I love, to name a few things.

Anyway... Enough of the heavy stuff.

In other news...


Grandma and Grandpa came to town to see Mr Z who has grown a ton and likes to chase up and down our stairs while he giggles. We ate chocolate chip cookies and had taco soup, pizza and lots of visiting. The girls atteneded a bridal shower where I won a prize. I have a talent for shower games. I have won assorted prizes over the years because I am pretty good at games. I guess we all have to be good at something.

Zeke was pretty funny with his favorite chew toy.. which is Glen's belt.

This week I also played the piano again for another high school concert. I arrived early with my stack of music and much to my dismay... I realize I was missing a piece of music. We did a brief run through and then I drove quickly to work where I made an emergency copy of the piece. I arrived in time to sneak into the concert and then play the appropriate numbers. I was really pleased with how kind all the kids I accompany for are! They all thanked me for playing. I am always impressed when young people are so well mannered. Kudos to their parents and teachers. And them! It's fun to do things for people who appreciate it.


We are winding down things school wise and making our summer plans... These include

Fishing trips for Kris
Basketball camp for Amanda and various team events in June
Brooke and I are going to Hawaii for a week
and more visits from family we are very excited about.


I have been working a lot and trying to drink less soda. I did really really well for 2 weeks and now I am doing slightly less well.


That is all

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke