I took another class for work this week. It was a recertification for TNCC... which is Trauma Nurse Core Course. I have taken it many times. Like once every 4 years since 20 years ago? So maybe 5 times? I have lots of classes that I have to retake every 2 years. There is a written test and a practical test where you have to demonstrate what you would do with an instructor and a manikin and you have to hit all the right things to pass. I got to Bend where I took the class and was in class all day. Then I went to the hotel where I was really really looking forward to a hot bath. But the darn hotel didn't have hot water. I called the front desk and they said that they were having issues with the water and promised me that the morning would be better. It was but only slightly. I took a luke warm shower. During class my local florist called me to ask if I was home because she had a delivery for me. (This was day 2 of the class). When I got home I had a lovely large bouquet of flowers from my brother Jared. He is such a great brother. Brooke said, "mom that is an expensive bouquet because when I ordered flowers for Amanda I know how much they cost". It was a very lovely bouquet. It made me feel happy.
When I got home from the class, I rested for a bit and then got a call from my dear friend who was starting into labor. She needed someone to watch her cute boys and so I headed over there at 3am. The boys are pretty early risers and I was up with them around 5:45am. We made pancakes and watched Star Wars the Phantom Menace. I was able to explain to them how this episode fit into the Star Wars Universe which for the 2 year old was, "Are you sure you aren't scared of Darth Maul?" and for the almost 8 year old was reminding him Anikin was going to turn into Darth Vader and that the Padwan was actually Ben Kenobi and that Queen Amidala would be the mother of Luke Skywalker. This impressed him to no end, and he told his dad, "She really knows a lot of stuff about Star Wars". When we got the news their little sibling had arrived we walked to the hospital and met her. Then we rode the elevator. Then we hit the park and the pizza place. It was all sorts of fun.
Then I took a big nap.
Then I fed Amanda's lamb because she is at a basketball tournament. The lambs were very hungry.
And that was this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment