Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Fall Happenings

Lots of funny crazy things have been happening here in our neck of the woods.

The wedding is almost upon us and we are equally excited and relieved. This wedding planning has been different from the rest. I haven't had to do much except provide funds. I did have one specific job. That was to order the invitations. I had the photo that Hailey picked and then, I had the wording which I approved with everyone. I ordered the invites and actually had a proof sent to me. I poured over this with a fine tooth comb. I asked several people to read it with me. I sent the approval and the 500 invites were shipped to me. I opened the box of them and pulled out a card. That's when I realized that I had spelled the word November NOVERMBER>>>>> twice!!! It was tragic. I called Hailey and asked her if she thought we could send them anyway? And she did not think that was a great plan. So I called the company and they rush ordered me another 500. It wasn't their fault. I had uploaded the mis-spelling on a template which they couldn't change. So I uploaded a correct November and we were good to go. I have several extra announcements... Photo collage?

The other thing that happened recently was our transmission went out. For the past few years I have driven a pretty old Toyota Passport. The great gift of my youth was I was raised driving old used cars and I have no pride when it comes to vehicles. If it is paid for and it runs I will drive it, happily. This car was used to belong to a guy who like tricked out mufflers. So everyone could hear me coming. It wasn't the best, but it did run. For the last few months it was acting a bit tempermental... but we had some spark plugs replaced and soldiered on. 3 weeks ago on the way to church I hit 10 mph and that was about as fast as I could go. I was on the highway and I slowly guided my vehicle to the side... and then I got out. Luckily, 3 families on their way to church passed me as I was running down the road and I quickly had a ride to church! We were wondering what to do about a procuring a car. With the wedding and all, funds weren't readily available to spring for another set of wheels. We have been a one family car in the past and so we did this for about a week. It brought back a lot of memories, car pooling to work and picking each other up. We lived for many early years of our life in Iowa and Burns with only one car! One day at work, I was mentioning the hilarious story of our transmission going out... and my friend and coworker Sam said... "I have a car I have just been looking to give to someone." He was serious! I offered and offered to give him something for it, but he declined. That is how we got a new, used car given to us.. by our good friend. So now I am driving a used Toyota Rav 4. I feel so lucky! As Hailey would say, "the Lord provides!"

Kris went down to Utah to celebrate Gma Shirley's 85th birthday with family!

Amanda went to homecoming in a beautiful dress. She had two dates this year! One for our towns homecoming and one in the next town over!



Hailey got accepted to Nursing School!

And other than that we are just looking forward to next month and the big day!


No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke